Friday, March 23, 2012

How to Re-Grow Green Onions

I saw this while browsing Pinterest and thought it was too easy not to try. So I gave it a go with some left-over scallions or green onion bulbs. 
Directions are simple: submerge them into a cup with water and place near some sunlight.  My husband and I were so surprised by the onions rapid growth. And when ready to use some, you can just take a pair of scissors and snip off what you need. Although, after a few days, I would change the water. But now you have practically an infinite supply of chives!

Day 1: Your Green Onions can be cut
down even more before re-sprouting.

Day 2: The dark green is the new growth!
Results after only a few days-- and I have
already used some on our meals, it tastes fresh.
The roots grow longer also and will
start to intertwine.
About a week later-- we almost can't keep
up w/ them.

I am so excited for this weekend, I just want Sunday to be here! My twin sister is coming to visit for about a week, along with a friend for their spring break-- the husband and I are so looking forward  to enjoying some sweet company and play tourist guide :) Lot's of pictures and stories to come, hope your weekend is fantastic too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always love hearing from you, feel free to leave a comment!