Friday, September 28, 2012

Pumpkin Oatmeal

This is by far my favorite bowl of oats and I'll even go far enough to say my ALL time favorite breakfast! While my sister came to visit I always give her a list of items to bring down, as there are quite a few that are hard to find or too expensive, so pumpkin is included. And as it officially is fall season, I thought I would share a recipe to bring-in this beloved season. I must admit fall and winter are my favorite times of year, the holiday spirit, food flavors, family, cooler weather... 

This is a delicious treat and perfect way to start any morning. This bowl of oats is nutritious, filling, creamy, and reminiscent of the classes pumpkin pie. I would gladly eat this every morning, in fact I am down to my last can of pumpkin out of 3!

Pumpkin Oatmeal: (serves 1)

Ingredients:
1/3 cup oats
1 cup water
sprinkle of salt
1/4 cup milk
1/3 cup pumpkin
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp sweetener
1 tbsp nut/seed butter (optional)

Directions:
Bring water & milk to a boil in small sauce pan, add oats & salt, reduce heat. Let oats simmer until thickened, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Add in pumpkin, chia seeds, cinnamon, & sweetener, mix well until thoroughly combined. Let simmer for another few minutes. Pour into a bowl, top with nut/seed butter, seeds, nuts, or dried fruit if desired. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always love hearing from you, feel free to leave a comment!