Friday, October 26, 2012

Hummus Soup


This idea was a little out there... hummus soup, I mean seriously. But I love soup and I especially love hummus, so I thought I would give it a try with a batch of hummus I had made, posted yesterday. So why couldn't it be a soup, it has an incredible thickness & consistency from the bean puree, additional veggies depending on the kind of hummus of course, and well it tastes delicious! I savored every bite, I loved it! And to make it even more scrumptious I toasted some garbanzo beans to garnish and it gave it a nice crunch and added texture. 

Hummus Soup: (serves 4)
Ingredients:
4 cups of vegetable stock
1/2 tsp olive oil
1/2 onion, diced
1 garlic clove
pepper, cumin, chili flakes


Directions:
In a medium/large sauce pan heat oil and add diced onions to saute. After a few minutes, add garlic and cook until onions become translucent. Add in hummus, vegetable stock, and spices to taste. If you are not a fan of little chunks in your soup, but prefer just a pure creamy texture, use immersion blender or regular blender to puree everything together. Note: you could also make the hummus from scratch simultaneously  by just adding the onion to the list of ingredients in hummus recipe. Serve warm and garnished with roasted garbanzo beans & chili flakes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always love hearing from you, feel free to leave a comment!