Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Spicy Spinach Hummus

I absolutely love hummus and probably make a batch every week! I like to change up the flavors a lot and tried this one which has turned out to be my favorite so far. I also like the fact that I simultaneously get a serving of vegetables while pairing it with more veggie sticks, on top of eggs, or toast, and even went as far as making hummus soup-- sharing the recipe on Friday :)

Spicy Spinach Hummus: (serves 4)
(pictured is a double batch)
Ingredients:
1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans
or
1 1/2 cups soaked/cooked garbanzo beans
1-2 cups of spinach leaves
1 jalepeno, seeded (I don't, I like the heat)
1 garlic clove
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup of lemon juice
1/2 cup reserved liquid or water
Directions:
In a blender or food processor combine garbanzo beans, garlic, cumin, salt, olive oil, lemon juice, spinach, and jalapeno. Blend on low speed, gradually adding reserved bean liquid or water, until the desired consistency is achieved. Scoop into a dish and garnish with a drizzle of olive oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always love hearing from you, feel free to leave a comment!