Monday, November 5, 2012

Gratitude: Part 1

Considering its November (which how is it already November!), I thought I would share with something I am grateful for each day of the month in bunches of 5 days. Honestly, I have a tendency to complain about little things here and there & frankly it is a horrible habit-- so this will be such a great way for me to really reflect on the numerous blessings of the Lord and I hope to help me really demonstrate to me a lifestyle of thanksgiving. I mean I would definitely say that I am a very grateful person, yet at times I can just simply ignore all the blessings and focus on those small things that bother me... so here is to being thankful!

Psalm 26:6-8
I wash my hands in innocence
and go around your altar, O Lord,proclaiming thanksgiving aloud,
and telling all your wondrous deeds.
O Lord, I love the habitation of your house
and the place where your glory dwells.

1. First I am thankful for the Lord's grace, as He daily forgives my sins, allowing me to walk in righteousness and live an abundant life.
Constantly I am reminded of His grace as I turn my back on Him or live in my selfishness, but yet he consistently opens his arms wide for me to embrace and uses His Word to guide, direct, and encourage my heart. Indeed our Savior is GOOD!

2. I am grateful for my husband-- a man who fears and seeks the Lord, who has an adventurous spirit, is a passionate being with a tender and prayerful heart, and has an overwhelming joy, as well as always positive attitude. 
He is such a light to me reflecting how Jesus loves the Church in how he loves me, being selfless and serving me. He shows me to trust the Lord even when at times it seems hopeless and encourages me to be a better me. He makes me laugh all the time with his little devious tricks and we have the most fun together doing the littlest of things. He makes my heart skip a beat, and my stomach flutter, he is my knight in shining armor, and  the biggest blessing-- love you handsome!

3. Obviously I am super grateful for my family! But I'll begin with my other half-- my twin sister Samie. She is  indeed my best friend, my rock, and just an incredible encouragement to me. Especially since the move to Mexico, flying out here as often as she can, our daily phone calls, and uplifting messages. She is the most dedicated, passionate, and focused person I know. She is inspires me also to live for the Lord, always taking every thought captive, digging deep into the Word of God, and living to glorify Him. 

4. I am also super grateful for my older sister, Kellie, who is so knowledgeable and ambitious! She motivates me to achieve my fullest potential and helps me see all perspectives of a situation  She is always willing to help in any way possible, taking her time, efforts, and any resources available to do so. And her loving heart has encouraged me as well as help me make some important decisions. 

5. My dad is certainly not the least, but I am so grateful for his love and support he has offered me my entire life. He has always wanted what is best for me, as well as trying to provide my every possible need. I am grateful also that he has allowed me to make my own decisions, even at times it was hard or disagreed. I am beyond thankful for his love and support in everything for all these years & the many still yet to come.

What are you thankful for!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always love hearing from you, feel free to leave a comment!