Monday, November 12, 2012

Gratitude: Part 2


Psalm 100:3-5
"Know that the Lord, He is God!
It is He who made us, and we are His;
we are His people, and the sheep of His pasture.
Enter His gates with thanksgiving,
and His courts with praise!
Give thanks to Him; bless His name!
For the Lord is good;
His steadfast love endures forever,
and His faithfulness to all generations."


6.  I am so beyond grateful for the gift of marriage as I know it has molded me into better person and never have I been more aware of God's grace and His perfect love. Paul Tripp wrote that marriage is "meant to be a tool in God's hands to expose your heart and to drive you to the end of yourself." And so through even though it is just the beginnings of this amazing covenant my husband and I have entered, I have seen a transformation in myself, grateful that it is shaping me into who God has destined me to become. Being a wife has challenged me in a delightful way; learning the way of being selfless, to love in all situations, and has brought me a joy that is beyond what words can express. Not only do I get to serve the Lord each day, but I have the great opportunity to do it alongside an incredible man of God whom I love deeply, and who encourages as well as inspires me daily.

7. I mentioned I am grateful for my family in the last post, but I didn't mention how incredibly grateful I am for my in-laws. They are such a sweet testimony and true reflection of God's intention for family, serving the Lord together and sharing each others burdens, as well as constantly seeking God in all tasks big and small. Last night we had the chance to pray together over Skype, which  was such a sweet joy and pleasure. They constantly remind me of what a Christian family looks like and the importance of pursuing our Father. And Sam's mom celebrated her birthday yesterday-- Feliz Cumpleanos!

8.  Of course I am super grateful for friendships! I definitely miss all my friends at home, but grateful that with technology it is still so easy to keep in contact. My friends have been such an encouragement to me and have  truly been such a light and reflection of God's character, as of course bring me so much joy into my life and holding me accountable And also, I am super grateful that God blessed me with a Christian friend here in La Paz-- God just knew exactly what we needed.

9. God has been more than faithful to Sam and I on this journey of ours. Despite our circumstance, God has always shown us His provision and indeed knows our needs better than we do ourselves.  Even at times when we had no idea how we would survive on our finances, He has always provided above and beyond. This time here in Mexico has truly taught me a trust that I had not known before because my trust was more of a  constant worry and anxiousness until I saw victory, but that obviously doesn't reflect real trust at all. I have learned that our incredible Father in Heaven is faithful in all instances and that He always provides for His children. He truly has blessed me with a great teaching job, an apartment to live (although it may be rustic & I have my fare shares of frustrations), friendships, a Church community, a beautiful city, and so much more!

10. I am beyond grateful for our Church family back at home, as well as here in Mexico. I am grateful that the Lord new exactly what He was doing, preparing us both in ministry for the youth and allowing to be raised to know His word and what it looks like to live it out. He has blessed us with role models and friendships that have impacted our lives tremendously and has given us a place to understand and enjoy the sweet community of our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ. Sam and I, along with two other adults have taken on the responsibility of leading the youth group at our Church here in La Paz and last Thursday we had our first meeting which was a success and tons of fun. However, more importantly I am excited to see the work and growth we pray that will happen in each life on these youth, that they may understand and know the incredible abundance that is offered when we find as we walk and have a relationship with our Lord and Savior. We are excited to be apart of what God is doing and pray that we would be His tool in expanding Hid kingdom. 

11. I am so thankful for the Lord teaching me to be content. Moving to Mexico has been definitely a huge change in culture and lifestyle. Moving though has given me reason to look for gratitude instead of offering complaints. Mentioned earlier our living space isn't ideal, but compared to others its nice and spacious. I have learned what I need and what is extra. Also, I have a better understanding of living a simple life that is more slow-paced as well as given me an opportunity to really press into the Lord and seek His face, learning to quiet myself before Him, trusting in Him, and finding joy in all the things that surround me daily. I am learning to be content where I am and how that looks.


12. Lastly, but not the least by all means. I am so grateful to all our Veterans who have served and continue to, risking their lives on behalf of our nation. THANK YOU!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Always love hearing from you, feel free to leave a comment!