Monday, November 26, 2012

Gratitude: Part 4

I hope everyone had a fantastic thanksgiving, filled with tons of blessings, and sweet times spent with friends and family. I know I had such an incredible week visiting with family and friends mentioned in my last gratitude post. I continue with my thanksgiving thoughts & I hope it encourages you to look at your own life & do the same. 

Colossians 3:16-18

"Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom,singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."

20. I am so so grateful for my family coming out to visit. We had such a lovely time together & it was such a blessing to make all these new memories. We ate a ton, experienced beautiful La Paz, and enjoyed each others company. I am so sad that they had to return home already, but thankful that they were able to come out. I will be posting a blog re-capping their trip soon.

21. We also had such a sweet time with our friends from Church back at home, who vacationed in Cabo, but thankfully we were able to drive down and visit them for a night. We had such a blast and it was such an encouragement to see them all, hang out, and just fellowship with another. Again, a post coming soon capturing our time well spent together.

22. Finally our house is construction zone free as we have been living in a dirty and roofless mess for the past month as a result of our roof having terrible leaks and caving in at parts of the house. It was a long time & I did my fair share too many complaining, but its all finished, and looks better than ever. So grateful we have such a great living place that's although rustic, is spacious and affordable.

23. God is so good as He is always blessing us. The husband got some extra hours teaching English at the same institution as myself, so that is always nice to have a few extra bucks to save, etc. I'm glad we can work together & also be even more financially stable while we are here in Mexico.

24. My sister brought me a package of the many things I can't find here & I am so thankful for her generosity & lugging it through the airports. Sometimes its the small things that just bring some joy. It included things like canned pumpkin, whole wheat pasta, coconut oil, specific toothpaste, and thoughtful gifts. Thanks Kellie!

25. It may sound silly, but I am grateful for this cooler weather. Now I feel like I can fully enjoy myself, not being completely depleted of energy from the heat. Its such a nice season here in La Paz & sometimes the things as simple as weather can be something we take for granted  So I sure am thankful that I don't have to be cooped up inside & enjoy the outdoors. Life is good. 

26. I love the Christmas season and excited to start decorating. I already have the music playing in the car, but just something about the holidays that brings a good cheer. But then I am reminded why we are celebrating, that its not all the gift-giving, or the tree decorating, or the holiday spirit, it's about our Savior's birth! Knowing the great King was born with the intention of delivering us from our own sin & giving us the greatest gift of all, eternal life. Now this is truly something to be grateful for and celebrate our Savior's birth this season, as He is our deliverer and comforter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always love hearing from you, feel free to leave a comment!