Friday, November 30, 2012

Gratitude: Part 5

Well month of November has quickly passed which also means my series of thanksgiving comes to an end, but certainly doesn't mean I will stop meditating on all the things I am thankful for! I have seen a sweet change in my perspective as I I realize the numerous things I am blessed with & realize the smallest things even bring a joy to my heart. God is so incredible & even in the rough times, we have tons of things to be grateful for. These past couple weeks have been packed with moments to cherish & I am thankful for each one.

Psalm 95:2
"Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving; let us make a joyful noise to him with songs of praise!"


27. Last night we had another youth group gathering & it was a great turnout again! We are so excited to be serving God by loving on these youth & just enjoying fellowship with them. They seem to be having a great time as well, asking questions, & really showing an interest in drawing near to God. What an encouragement & sweet opportunity to be apart of. I am so grateful that over the last many years working with youth back at home has indeed prepared us for this moment here.

28. The English institution I am working at needed another teacher for the new term & asked if my husband would be interested... we said yes! Thanks to God we will be a little more financially stable-- He surprises us even when we aren't looking. Our Father in Heaven is good to us.

29. I'm thankful always for those who offer me some sweet encouragement, even if its a little message saying thinking of you, as it reminds me that I'm not forgotten-- so thank you to all of those who send me some love, it truly brightens my spirit & know I always give God thanksgiving as well as offer up a prayer for you. Blessings to you!

30. Working on the bible study for yesterday's message at Youth Group, I came across some old notes/letters to God & blessed to see how faithful He has been over the years and how much growth has taken place since then. Thankful that I captured those moments of hardship, blessings, wisdom  scripture, and understandings, so that I could remember where God has brought me. I enjoy so much looking back at those and just being so reminded of our Father's goodness and encouraged by how He moves in us & molds us into His image. Thank you Lord. 

I hope you don't stop looking for moments of thanksgiving, but continue to think of all those things you are grateful for, even if they are the smallest of things! Every thanksgiving and prayer reminds us that there is something greater than ourselves & a bigger purpose than the agenda we have for ourselves. We should continue an attitude of thanksgiving especially as we enter into the season of Christmas. Blessings everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always love hearing from you, feel free to leave a comment!