Friday, January 11, 2013

Tip: Removing Underarm Stains

[source]
[source]
This is a little odd topic to consult here on the blog, but I had to share it. You know you all have those white or light colored t-shirts and tank tops that well, lets just say you a little embarrassed to lift your arms up in anymore... I also needed a solution to this problem as it happens even with some of my newer clothes, especially during La Paz's long HOT summers. I came across this mixture after searching on Google and had to try it as it was so simple, easy, and inexpensive. Plus I already had all the ingredients on hand, gave it a try, I think you will be amazed with the results! 
Now I didn't take any before or after pictures because well, it would be a little gross-- don't you think? But I can honestly say it cleaned up my shirts and they look like NEW, like magic.

Underarm Stain Remover Solution: (1:1:1 ratio)

You will need:
1/4 cup Hydrogen Peroxide
1/4 cup Baking Soda
1/4 cup Water

towel
tooth brush or bristle brush

Directions: 
Mix all 3 together in a container of some sort. Place a towel on the surface you will be working on top of. Lay your clothing item on top of the towel. Begin scrubbing spot by dipping brush in mixture and working to remove the stain. You will be able to see it disappearing some. Let it sit for 30 minutes. Next, place it in in the laundry machine with your next load. When finished it should look like new.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always love hearing from you, feel free to leave a comment!