With Valentine's Day just around the corner, I thought these lovely treats would be perfect. Not only are these mini-cheesecakes incredibly delicious, they taste like the real thing too but completely guilt-free, nourishing, and packed full of protein with minimal sugar too. The strawberries were a perfect accent to these sweet cakes, but you could definitely switch it up using any type of berries or even better, mixed. Or play around with the flavor of cheesecake as I just made it plain, but truly the possibilities are endless.
These special desserts actually make for a great fueling snack as the chocolate crust is even full of healthy ingredients-- oats, sunflower seeds, flax seeds,coconut, cocao powder, and no added butter or oil! You seriously can't go wrong with these and they are so cute. This indeed is a decadent treat that no one will suspect it's healthy!
2 Tbs cocao powder
2 Tbs oat
1 Tbs flax
1 Tbs unsweetened shredded coconut
1 Tbs sunflower seeds
1 Tbs applesauce
1 Tbs honey
2 Tbs milk
1/4 tsp vanilla
scant of salt
2 cups plain Greek yogurt
1 Table sugar
1 Tbs flax seed or chia seeds, ground
1 Tbs honey
1 Tbs lemon juice
2 tsp vanilla
12 strawberries, sliced
- Heat oven to 350°. Line cupcake tins with paper liners and set aside.
- In your food processor combine all the dry ingredients, pulsing until fine, like a flour consistency Add wet ingredients & pulse again until thoroughly combined. Should be pretty thick but not dry.
- Next add a heaping teaspoon of the chocolate crust mixture to each liner, pressing down with your fingers or spoon get a flat and even bottom.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, remove and set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, or you could even use a hand mixer add all the ingredients, mix until just combined. Be careful not to over mix. Pour into cupcake liners filling almost full.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until center is almost set. Let cool to room temperature and then chill them for a few hours in the refrigerator.
- Top with strawberries or anything else you would like & serve.