Monday, February 18, 2013

Lunch Date: Los Tamarindos Garden Restaurant


Sunday we usually go out to eat after Church but today we decided to make it our "date" day & wanted to try someplace new. We seriously fell in love with this restaurant! We had been meaning to check it out for sometime, but just never got around to it-- but it is now one of my favorites. Needless to say we were impressed by the ambiance, the delicious cuisine, and even the service was excellent (hard to come by here in La Paz usually).

 It was so much fun as we entered, there were Mexican Folk dancers doing various dances throughout our visit. The entire place is just surrounded by trees & greenery. The two main & very large trees are tamarind trees that have been there since the 1700's, planted by the owner's french great-grandfather. There was also a ton of dishes to choose from, so we will definitely be going back. So here are a few pictures I snapped :)




I had just ordered a salad as I was wanting something fresh, but of course it was delightful. I also managed to steal a few bites off the hubby's plate, which all looked mouthwatering.

His plate was an assortment of typical Mexican cuisine-- emapanada, quesadilla, burrito, tamale, & some tasty re-fried beans.

4 comments:

  1. I love your life ! I am closing my eyes and imagining the sights, sounds, smells and all the flavors. God bless you both !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lexie! Hopefully one day you & your husband can come visit & we can be your tour guides! ;) Blessings!

      Delete
  2. Looks great...Kim and I would like to try it...can you give me directions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richard, I wrote on FB where... well gave a link for a map (not the best w/ directions) Enjoy-- you guys would love it!

      Delete

Always love hearing from you, feel free to leave a comment!