These muffins compliment each other with its tropical flavors--coconut & papaya, and equally launch a nice base for a healthy muffin with an oat batter. These muffins are a perfect harmony of sweet, but healthy, filling, yet fluffy, and delicious, however incredibly easy.
These muffins only lasted a couple of days in our house, we couldn't get enough of them. My favorite way of course was to spread a little sunflower seed butter over the top, yum! Plus a great addition to any family brunch or quick breakfast, or light snack.
Coconut Papaya Oat Muffins:
(8 large muffins)
Adapted from Skinnytaste
1 cup oat flour
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 cup sugar
1 flax egg (1 tbs ground flax seed + 2 tbs water) or 1 egg
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 cup Papaya puree
1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat Oven to 325F degrees. Grease or line muffin pan.
- If you don't have oat flour, simply blend about 1 cup oats in a blender or food processor.
- Make the flax egg if using, set aside to let set. (at least 5 minutes)
- Place chopped papaya in a blender to reach 1 cup puree. (I had additional puree left, so I just froze the remaining in an ice cube tray to blend into smoothies later).
- In a medium bowl combine all the dry ingredients together, mix well.
- Combine the remaining wet ingredients together in a separate large bowl (including the flax egg), mix thoroughly.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet while stirring. Pour batter into a prepared muffin tins. Sprinkle additional oats & shredded coconut, slightly pressing them into the batter to stick.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.