Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Sam's (Hubby) 25th Birthday

Yesterday we celebrated the hubby's 25th Birthday!!! It turned out to be an sweet & fun filled day where he & I just celebrated together. I put together some of his favorite foods, as we know a way to a man's heart is through his stomach ;) Everything turned out delicious & even though it was low key, he had a wonderful day.

I just have to say that I am so blessed to be able to share this journey with such an honorable, steadfast, kind-hearted man & I am trul grateful for his birth & to be able celebrate someone who has had such an impact on my own life-- as I know I am a better person because of him. He is always choosing to love, serve, and glorify God in all he does, he inspires me, as well as many others. Love you handsome! Blessings to you & this next year, so excited to see all that God has in store for you this next year!

On Sunday we celebrated with a Pizza dinner at restaurant we had yet to try, El Forno, & it was delicious! A great way to kick-off his birthday celebrations. We met a friend there to celebrate but also happened to run into our pastors as well-- too funny. The pizzas are cooked in a wood fire-oven giving it that perfect crisp, lots of great menu options, & great service.




Sam having a later morning before teaching, we squeezed in breakfast at a place we have been dying to try, Maria California. The outside is a beautiful garden & as you enter it is a 100 year old house turned into a sweet rustic cafe. The funny thing is that the owner happened to be an old family friend of Sam's parents & so we had a chance to catch-up. Then later enjoyed a little birthday surprise from the restaurant. The food and service were both fantastic & LOVED everything about it.


My Choice. 
The Birthday Boy's.














  

Sam requested a Pesto Pasta dish for lunch, so I went all out & created the whole deal-- Pasta, salad, and bread at its finest. We were stuffed but of course had room for cake! His favorite, Chocolate Flan courtesy recipe from his mom-- thank you Rocio! PS. Lots of new recipes coming your way :)



And to top the evening off, we had a romantic picnic in our living room with a Cheese Fondue night as Sam loves all things cheese. I had a variety of foods to dip & it was a really sweet time, we enjoyed every moment. Sam is one special man, I had to treat him right-- Happy Birthday Babe!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Always love hearing from you, feel free to leave a comment!