Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The BLOG turns 1!

So MONDAY (the 11th) marked ONE YEAR of creating the Nava Nest. It has been such a  pleasure to be able to track all our adventures here in La Paz and capture these precious moments of being newly weds and this beautiful journey that we are embarking on together. Also, I am enjoying posting all these recipes & hope you are too. Having this blog has challenged me to experiment in the kitchen & I am loving it, & as a result has helped me to develop a love for cooking and to be a better cook in the kitchen, which my husband sure does appreciate. Before being married I really had no prior experience, so this blog has been a great way to push me & serve as a recipe book-- definitely makes me feel like a better wife. 
Thank you to all who read this blog, try out the recipes, comment, and just follow along, it is such an encouragement to me and my husband-- so thank you for your support! We have truly been so blessed & grateful that this blog can serve as way to look back on all that God has blessed & grown in us, & in general a virtual scrapbook. I hope you have enjoyed this blog as much as I have, blessings to you!
Today I have for you a SINGLE confetti cupcake to celebrate the blog's birthday that you can either bake in the oven or microwave. It's easy, a healthier treat, and fluffy, using ingredients you probably already have at home. Enjoy!

Single Confetti Cupcake: (serves 1)
Ingredients:
3 T flour
1 T sugar
1/4 tsp baking-soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
sprinkle of salt
2 tsp unsweetened applesauce
2 tsp coconut/vegetable oil
1 T Plain Greek yogurt
1 tsp milk (I used coconut)
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp sprinkles + extra for topping

Topping:
Nutella (I used Nutella)
Frosting
Nut/Seed Butter
Greek yogurt
Whip Cream

Directions: 

  • Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
  • Combine dry ingredients together in a small bowl or measuring cup. Add-in liquid ingredients and mix thoroughly. Toss in sprinkles and mix gently. 
  • Pour into a single lined baking cup. Bake for 15 minutes or until center is cooked. Or alternatively cook in the microwave in increments of one minute to check doneness (about 2 minutes).
  • Frost with desired topping & add some sprinkles.


An another note, we finally got a package yesterday we have been waiting on for sometime now  (December) and it couldn't have felt more like Christmas or a massive birthday gift explosion am so blessed by my sister for putting it all together & the husband's family for making sure it got sent down here-- big thanks to you! Here is a picture of all the lovely things we got (mostly for me, hehe) but it consisted of all the things I LOVE + more! Christmas my older sister & husband got me a Kindle, so excited to test it out! And Sam's family blessed me with a Magic Bullet, also ecstatic to try it out & see new recipes it will inspire ;) Plus, some much needed face wash/lotion, coconut oil as I was on my last tsp! A Nature Box pack I had won recently delivered filled with delicious healthy snacks. Some quinoa, PUMPKIN, & my favorite coffee, yum! Sam also got in some of his favorites, Nutella, almond butter, and a new rim he has been so excited for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always love hearing from you, feel free to leave a comment!