This shredded beef has a little kick to it, but makes it a whirlwind of flavors in your mouth from the spice & juice from the slow simmering meat. What is great about this beef is that is so versatile, especially for your favorite Mexican dishes-- tacos, enchiladas, burritos. We like to top our tacos with diced onions, fresh cilantro, avocado, & some homemade salsa, yum! I'll make a batch of this up & it lasts us a few meals depending on how we cook it of course. If spice isn't your thing, just tone it down a notch by eliminating 1/2 the chili's.
Spicy Shredded Beef:Ingredients:
1/2 lb cut of beef
2 chipotle chilis (from a can)
1-2 tbs chipotle sauce
1 tbs Tapatio Hot Sauce (optional)
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp chili powder or paprika
dash of salt & pepper
water (about 3 cups)
1 tbs olive oil
- Heat a large a pot over medium heat & add oil. Season the meat with some salt & pepper. Place the meat in the pot & brown both sides (about 1 minute each).
- Add the remaining ingredients and let it become fragrant together.
- Pour enough water into the pot, just slightly covering the meat. Cover & turn to low heat. Let simmer for 45- 60 minutes. Check the water level every so often to make sure it doesn't cook down too low, you want to keep some in it at all times to not burn it & have some leftover juice. Meet should be cooked through-- check with a knife.
- Remove from heat & let it sit for about 15 minutes before shredding.Take 2 forks and begin shredding, place in a container & pour remaining juice over.
- Substitute in any of your favorite dishes, but most likely, Mexican.