Monday, May 20, 2013

Our 2nd Anniversary


Today, we celebrate two incredible years of marriage. At times I think to myself, "has it really been this long", it seems like it was only yesterday that we shared our vows... but as well as the opposite being true, feeling as though he has always been my best friend & joy to come home to. We have been beyond blessed to embark on this adventure together as it has had its wild moments already & cannot wait for everything else that's in store, I am so grateful that he chose me. 



Not to say it hasn't had its troubled times, but those are the ones that test us, & cause our marriage to grow stronger. I can honestly tell you that I love every moment of being married even those challenging times, perhaps not right then, but after as we always resolve our wounds & perhaps learn something new, I ponder the great rewards of this covenant of ours. I treasure the fact that I get so spend every spare moment with my best friend, search for adventure together, find joy in the littlest of things, & ultimately get to participate in following Jesus together. Sure it has been an interesting road to grasp how to administer to two very different people in a marriage, which in actuality, it is a beautiful thing because it's a mere celebration of those qualities, strengths, & character that benefit, as well as protect each other in our weaknesses. It's an intense journey as you become so intimate & learn the flaws of one another, but I have learned & of course continue to understand how marriage exposes our hearts & presses areas that we try to hide or keep secret, but God uses it to grow & mature us so we don't rely on ourselves or on even each other. But rather seek Him, as He truly is the one that can fulfill & satisfy us ultimately. For marriage is this extravagant relationship meant to weaken our self-reliance & drive us to the end of ourselves & toward the Cross. Marriage is not the end of the toll road, but preparing us for our final destination. 

I have learned so much about myself these last two years in many aspects. How we are to love each other in simple ways, every day serving, but also in specific. That marriage is truly this sacrificial love & we must protect this sacred unity. I have learned to become interested not in just the things I like, but his as well. Not keeping tabs on his wrongs, but remember to offer the same grace that our Savior has & continually gives us daily, to look for ways to always encourage, support, and respect my husband, taking each opportunity captive to love him, fight the things that I might get distracted by. Through these learning moments I have found so much joy in being my husband's helpmate & wouldn't change it for the world. It's exciting to be apart of this journey of life together & take heart in that loving him is growing me to be more like Christ & the woman He designed me to be. My husband is so good to me & I am truly blessed to call him mine. He still gives me the butterflies & makes me feel so special. He is so patient with me, always goes out of his way to show that he loves me, gives me sweet encouragement, & makes sure I am content, & even spoils me beyond that. He makes it easy to love him and deeply demonstrates the love of our Lord, & is reflection of Christ daily to me, as we know He is our true groom. 


You mean the world to me love & I appreciate & treasure you more than you could know. Thank you for your abundant love & blessing me these past two years making me your wife! I am so encouraged by your positive attitude, adventurous & outgoing personality, calm spirit, kind heart, dedication, steadfast love for our Savior, & humble means. I love you handsome! Besitos!


Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 
Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up! Again, if two lie together, they keep warm, but how can one keep warm alone? And though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him—a threefold cord is not quickly broken.

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully and perfectly said, Suzie!
    Happy Anniversary!
    Love,
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete

Always love hearing from you, feel free to leave a comment!