These patties are so fun as they look just like a red juicy beef burger, but completely meat-free & packed full of protein. These beauties are full of nutrients & flavor, simply delicious plain or spruced up with all your favorite fixings -- tomato, avocado, mushrooms, all wrapped in leafy greens or a bun, you choose. They are simple & can easily be frozen so you can just heat back up & have a great healthy, meal all ready. Seriously, one of y favorites I have made yet, enjoy!
Quinoa Beet Burgers: (6 patties)
1 cup garbanzo beans
1 cup quinoa, cooked
2 medium-sized red beets, cooked*
1 tablespoon coconut or olive oil
1/2 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 large egg
1/2 cup oats, lightly pulsed
3 tablespoons chia seed
1 small lime, squeezed
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 tsp cumin
salt & pepper
* Beets: boil water, remove skin with a knife, chop into large chunks, place in water, cook for 10 minutes until soft, & drain.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line a baking sheet & set aside.
- Place garbanzo beans, beets oil, onion, garlic, lime juice, & vinegar in a food processor. Pulse until a smooth consistency is reached.
- In a large bowl, toss in quinoa, chia seeds, oats, & seasoning. Add wet mixture + the egg, fold together until thoroughly mixed. Should be a thick wet consistency, if it is too dry add a tablespoon of water at a time.
- With your hands, mold the mixture into 6 patties. Place on baking sheet & cook for about 15-20 minutes on each side.