Now that fall is here, it pretty much is baking season and what better way to initiate it with this simple and healthier bread. This Carrot Banana bread is soft, moist, nutrient dense, and delicious! It is drizzled with a nice thin greek yogurt sauce and sprinkled with sliced almonds or walnuts if desired. This is great for a breakfast pairing with your daily cup of joe, for a mid-afternoon snack or special little treat, and note it also freezes well. I baked this in a bundt pan but you can certainly just use a bread loaf pan or muffins, which I also did also.
Carrot Banana Bread: makes 2 bread loafs, 1 bundt cake + muffins
1 1/2 cup flour
1 cup oat flour
1/2 cup oats
1/4 cup ground flaxseed
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 cups shredded carrots (3 large)
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
2 bananas, mashed (1 cup)
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Greek yogurt frosting:
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
2 tablspoons coconut milk or any milk
1/4 cup powdered sugar
slivered almonds for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a baking pan/s and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine together dry ingredients: flours, ground flaxseed baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, combine mashed bananas, shredded carrot, sugar, coconut oil, yogurt, eggs, and vanilla extract. Stir until well thorougly mixed.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until moistened. Pour the batter into prepared pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and edges are slightly browned.
- Mix together yogurt sauce ingredients & keep in fridge until bread is ready.
- Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes. Carefully remove the bread from the pan. Let cool completely before drizzling yogurt sauce on top. Sprinkle with almonds and enjoy!