Thursday, November 14, 2013

Finally HOME

After being back home, San Diego, for a little over a month now from living deep down the Baja for two & a half long, yet sweet years... I have never been more aware of God's grace. Only aniticipating to live in La Paz for several months, which then turned into years, I could not help but to lose hope or question how much longer. Yes of course we loved living there and enjoyed the culture and town, but there is nothing like being HOME with family and friends, along with all the other little things we often take for granted or don't realize until they're gone. But upon returning home and getting re-adjusted to life in the States, it is so evident that God's timing is truly PERFECT. Praise God that our lives here have just fallen into place with job oppurtunities and dreams that would not have been a reality without God's purposeful hand at work. He evidently knows our needs far better than we know them ourselves! I would have never thought my life would be full of this adventurous unknown, but it has truly been the biggest blessing.
Our marriage started as a whirlwind of emotions and lifetsyle change, but turned into an opportunity of joy and cherishing another to build a strong foundation of marriage, learn to lean on another, and just the most amazing time of learning the incredible task of being a spouse without having the many taxing agendas that normally take place. It taught us to trust God and His provision, and ultimately we saw His abundant hand resting on our relationship. As well as, found His provision to be so evident and of course, more than we could ever deserve.
In the midst of this extended period of being away, everything foreign, I learned to truly treasure my husband and the blessed time we had together, exploring the great joys of marriage and amazing gift that allows us to sharpen each other and ultimately glorify Christ. I am so grateful that I was able to learn to live simply and learn contentment at a whole new level. I had to wrestle often times with my heart and emotions at being overwhelmed with questioning God's goodness, but now I am completely convinced that He has used this journey thus far to show me His grace and embrace every moment as the true blessing it was-- I selfishly had my husband all to myself (basically),  had a relaxed and more easy-going style of time to learn the role of a wife, which I am so honored to partake in, and also, learn to not be overwhelmed with wants/needs the world often tells us to pursue, therefore, keeping a centered marriage in Christ. All the while, I have been learning a new identity in Christ I had not known before. At times I must admit, I felt like I was just suffering, trying to wait patiently and trusting... but looking back, it was all such an orchestration of His great love and undeserving mercy, that He would gift us this opportunity, and now to be back home resting in His promises still-- for He is good even when we can't comprehend His purposes. Indeed I would never change this experience for anything. Marriage alone has helped stripped me of my flesh, molding me, yet these last couple of years on this style of journey has taught me more than I could ever hope and a love for Jesus deeper than before I left, and that too I am very grateful for. And now a new journey awaits as we are welcomed back home-- we are are truly blessed.



"For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen."

Ephesians: 3:14-21



5 comments:

  1. Suzie I love this! You have always been such an encouraging and loving person in my life and it is really a blessing to see how God has worked in your life the last few years. I am glad your home and doing well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha, you are too sweet-- and I really appreciate you sharing that with me! We should get together sometime & catch up! Hope you are doing well also.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. :( Sad face because I miss you! Hope all is well & you are keeping La Paz lively!

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful journey the Lord took you two on. What an encouragement it is here and so refreshing to see your attitude through it all and learn from the entire experience. You depended on one another and more importantly you depended and trusted God. Thank you for sharing this sweet story.

    ReplyDelete

Always love hearing from you, feel free to leave a comment!