We all know that the new year we make promises to BE healthier, which isnt a bad idea at all. Actually its a great time to start fresh and challenge yourself with such a prized value, however, we all know that we also enjoy those fluffy delicious treats that often so tempt us every breakfast. So here is a perfect and delightful recipe for the same baked good that catches our eye, but simply in a less guilty manner. These muffins here are packed full of fiber, protein, flavor, and really hit the spot with the traditional crumble.
adapted from food network
2/3 c flour
1/4 c flax seed, ground
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
2 cups flour
2/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup greek yogurt (I used strawberry)
1 T coconut oil
1/4 cup coconut milk
2 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cup mixed berries + flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a standard 12 cup muffin tin.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix crumble topping together. Set aside.
- In a bowl, place flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Whisk together.
- In another larger bowl, beat eggs, milk, yogurt, vanilla, coconut oil together. Add dry ingredients to wet and stirt until combined.
- Dust berries with flour, this helps to prevent them to sink to the bottom when baking. Gently fold into batter, they will break open but just be as careful as possible.
- Disperse streusel topping over muffins and bake until golden brown, about 20 mintutes.