Monday, January 12, 2015

Quarter of a Century & Graduation Paella Dinner

       Just last month, I celebrated two BIG events, my 25th Birthday and graduated with a Bachelors in Spanish and minor in Art. I must say it is a daunting, yet most alleviating feeling to finish with school (for now) knowing that I no longer am bound to my books. A most rewarding achievement and so grateful to all those in my life who helped me along the way.

        One chapter has ended, but I am excited for whatever the next season holds. I am thrilled to share with you pictures from my celebration hosted on my sisters lovely deck. The event couldn't have turned out more perfectly, truly. Of course time is always of the essence, but everything managed to get done. In my recent employment, I see a lot of weddings and events, so I knew I wanted to do something rather elegant and well, extravagant. I thought Paella was rather an appropriate and delightful dinner choice, and happens to be my favorite meal. Paired with breathtaking flowers in a color palette of purple and reds and other details of  touches of gold.






             My sister also made me a cake featuring my favorite sweets, chocolate and cookie dough! I had such a lovely celebration and was so blessed to share it with my sweet family. Everything was DIY from the flowers, invites, and decorations, minus the paella. Which the paella was absolutely delightful and a big hit among the guests paired with salad, bolillos, and a Spanish tapa; a combination of watermelon, Serrano ham, and manchego cheese.
          Twenty-five couldn't have started better and with such a fresh beginning to a new season. Looking forward to all this next year holds, all the while remembering all the Lord's blessed me with. I am grateful.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Always love hearing from you, feel free to leave a comment!